Electronic Village (EV) Online Sessions 2004 starting on January 26 and ending on March 5, 2004. Registration for the sessions will be accepted January 12-26, 2004.
The EV Online 2004 sessions are held prior to the TESOL Convention and some in conjunction with Interest Section Academic Sessions or Strands. You do NOT have to be a member of TESOL, nor do you have to register for TESOL 2004, to take part in these FREE events.
The following Online Sessions will be offered:
* English for everybody; all gain, no loss? -- moderators: Professor Ulrich Bliesener, Jane Hoelker, Joyce Kling, Keiko Abé-Ford, Christine Coombe, Valerie S. Jakar - sponsor: EFL-Interest Section
* Real English Online Video - moderators: Elizabeth Hanson-Smith, Michael Marzio - sponsor: CALL-Interest Section, Video Interest Section
* TESOL Drama Presents: Let's Put on a Play - moderators: Nigel Caplan, Gary Carkin, Judy Trupin - sponsor: SPL-Interest Section/TESOL Drama
* Becoming a Webhead - moderators: Dafne Gonzalez, Teresa Almeida d'Eça, Susanne Nyrop, Maria Jordano - sponsor: CALL-Interest Section
* Creating interactive online language lessons with Macromedia Flash MX - moderator: Marmo Soemarmo - sponsor: CALL-Interest Section
* Assessing and Teaching Oral Communication Skills - moderators: Rebecca Dauer, Christine Parkhurst - sponsor: SPL-Interest Section
* A Basic Workshop for using the Internet in class - moderator: JoAnn Miller -- sponsor: CALL-Interest Section
* Creating and using weblogs in ESL/EFL - moderators: Anne Davis, Sandy Peters, Aaron Campbell, Joe Luft - sponsor: CALL-Interest Section
For complete session descriptions and registration
information, please visit the Web site
http://www.geocities.com/tesol_evonline/ (best viewed in Internet Explorer).
Announcement by Dafne Gonzalez
2004 ESL MiniConference Online